Covid-19 in Bratislava and Slovakia Travel Information: the border is opened!
Restrictions regarding COVID-19 in Slovakia are lifting and we are happy to show you around again. Borders are opened and everybody can come to Slovakia as long as he/she is vaccinated and registers at e-hranica. Both our guides and guests wear masks inside the vehicle. Please check up-to-date situation valid since July 9th 2021 below.
Alternatively, enjoy our Bratislava Communism Virtual Tour. 🙂
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the availability of our tours in Bratislava, or regarding the travel regulations in Slovaka in general.
For up-to-date information regarding the travel restrictions within European Union, visit Re-open EU.
Brano, Peter and the whole Authentic Slovakia crew
General rules when arriving from abroad
At the latest, immediately on entering the territory of the Slovak Republic, individuals are required to register at http://korona.gov.sk/ehranica and subsequently to be able to show proof of this registration on request, even during their stay in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Anyone entering the territory of the Slovak Republic by air must also complete a form at https://www.mindop.sk/covid/ before entering. Additionally when arriving from a country outside the list below, a negative RT-PCR test result not older than 72 hours must be presented.
All unvaccinated people entering Slovakia after 6:00am on 9 July 2021 will have to undergo quarantine, which will end at the end of the 14th day if they are symptom-free and untested.
If, after returning from abroad someone develops symptoms of COVID-19, they are required to report it to their general practitioner or paediatrician; if the individual does not have a doctor in the Slovak Republic, they must report it to the doctor of the respective municipality.
Definition of a fully vaccinated person
- at least 14 days and no more than 12 months after the second dose of the two-dose vaccine;
- at least 21 days and no more than 12 months after administration of the single-dose vaccine;
- at least 14 days and no more than 12 months after the first dose of the vaccine if given within 180 days of recovery from COVID-19;
- after application of the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine with
single or two-dose schedule (immediately after administration of the first dose) - temporarily until 9 August 2021
In addition to the EU COVID pass or a certificate of completion of vaccination in Slovakia, it is also possible to show certificates from other countries. The only condition is that the certificate must be in Slovak, Czech or English language.
Registration on e-Border
- Anyone entering the territory of the Slovak Republic from 9 July 2021 must register at http://korona.gov.sk/ehranica. Registration is not required for children under 12 years of age and persons in transit through Slovakia (defined below).
- Registration is required for every entry into the Slovak Republic. This does not apply to:
- fully vaccinated individuals whose first registration is valid for the following 6 months
- people who have been vaccinated with the first dose of any of the vaccines - the first registration for these people is valid until 9 August 2021
- individuals aged between 12 and 18 years for whom the first registration is valid until 9 August 2021
- anyone travelling for medical diagnosis or treatment for whom the first registration is valid for 1 week
- A single registration is sufficient until 1 September 2021 for:
- those who have permanent or temporary residence in Slovakia and a place of work in neighbouring states, EU countries or Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, provided they have visited only these countries in the last 14 days and are travelling only for work
- those who are a permanent resident or reside in countries of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and, in the case of Ukraine, within 100 km of an open border crossing point, have their place of work in the territory of the Slovak Republic and are only travelling for work
- citizens of the Slovak Republic who live in border areas of neighbouring countries within 100 km of an open border crossing point.
- Everyone who enters Slovakia from 6:00am 9 July 2021 will have to undergo quarantine (subject to quarantine rules below), which ends at the end of the 14th day if they are symptom-free and untested.
- The quarantine may be terminated by a negative RT-PCR test which is obtained no earlier than day 5.
- There is no requirement to test children under the age of 12, their quarantine will terminate when the other members of the household have completed their quarantine.
- Quarantine also applies to household members who have not travelled - it terminates when the other members‘ quarantine is completed.
Quarantine is not mandatory for:
- fully vaccinated people
- people aged between 12 and 18 years when no other member of the household is under mandatory quarantine - temporarily until 9 August
- people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons; must provide confirmation and have a negative RT-PCR test result not older than 72 hours
- unvaccinated citizens of the Slovak Republic who have permanent or temporary residence in the border areas of a neighbouring country within 100 km of an open border crossing point into the territory of the
Slovak Republic - they are required to provide a negative result RT-PCR test not older than 7 days
- unvaccinated people who were previously exempted, such as aircraft and train crews, truck drivers, funeral service workers and others, the exact list and the potential obligation to prove a negative test result for COVID-19 is determined by the Decree; these individuals are still required to register on the e-border
Entering the territory of the Slovak Republic via air transport:
The regime at the border for air passengers from 9.7.2021
If you are entering Slovakia by air from a country that is not on the designated list, you must present a negative RT-PCR test result for COVID-19 no older than 72 hours.
- List of countries that do not require a negative test: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Montenegro, China, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, South Korea, Kosovo, Cuba, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Latvia, South Korea, Austria, Luxembourg, Macau, Hungary, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Germany, Norway, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, San Marino, North Macedonia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, USA, Mexico, Serbia, Switzerland, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine.
- applies to all arrivals at airports in the territory of Slovak Republic
- each individual must fill in the form on the website
- When arriving from countries that are not on the above list, a negative RT-PCR test result no older than 72 hours must be presented on arrival - this also applies to vaccinated persons. This condition is imposed because travellers arriving by a high-risk type of transport from a country where there is an increased risk of contracting an epidemiologically serious variant of the SARS virus - CoV-2. The combination of registration and testing significantly reduces the risk of introduction and subsequent uncontrolled spread of new and even more dangerous variants of the pandemic virus.
More information on Current Measures
Official info portal: https://korona.gov.sk/
Digital overview of COVID Automat: https://automat.gov.sk/
- Available daily from 8AM to 8PM
- When calling from Slovakia, please dial: +421 800 174 174
- When calling from abroad, please dial: +421 222 200 910, +421 222 200 910